The I-Word, Where Inclusion Gets Personal
The I-Word is for those who want to take their self-awareness to a deeper level, moving from self-awareness to self inclusion and compassion. But don’t be fooled – this is not fluff.
Change has to be met with change: to create change in how we show up – whether that be showing up anti-racist or anti-ableist showing up with more understanding and curiosity – we need to create change in how we operate mentally and emotionally. In this two-session experience we’ll learn the root of change is not a habit but thought; to create the change we have to reduce the power that limiting / toxic / prejudiced thoughts have over us and; we need personal systems in place to keep our change consistent.
Both sessions are a facilitated process where you are the expert of your own experience and I help you better understand the meaning behind those experiences. You get what you give with this session. If you give your fullest then by the end of the session you will have:
- Identified a key change you want to make in how you show up.
- Pinpointed what is holding you back from changing.
- Created a clear path to behavior change.
We’ll be doing cycles of experiencing, unpacking/reflecting, and then practicing tools.
- Facilitation: participants will be doing most of the talking during sessions through activities and key questions
- Exploration and reflection: both in session and between modules participants will be exploring concepts together, doing life-related intermodular work (always with a focus on exploration and reflection).
- Playshop: sessions use humor, live coaching, and a sense of playfulness to help make deeper content easier to manage, to bring learning to life, and drive motivation to grow.
About the Instructor
“Curious rebel: be bold, do good work, develop people not roles.“
Shiva is a kick-ass facilitator/educator and designer with 10+ years of experience in corporate education specializing in Cultural Intelligence and Leadership both grounded in the idea of being human. She has designed and delivered transformative learning and development programs, workshops, talks, and masterclasses for clients across the globe including Novartis, Slalom, Unilever, Accenture, Generali, Rolls Royce, Samsung, BASF, Gestamp, ABN AMRO, CHEP, The Red Cross, Nationale Nederlanden, and Roche. She most recently gave a talk at TEDxIE on Power. She has a degree in History from the University of Massachusetts – Amherst and a Certificate in Hispanic Studies from the Universidad Complutense in Madrid, Spain. She was born in Iran to Muslim and Jewish parents. At four her family left as refugees, moved to Italy, and eventually settled in Queens, New York City where she was raised. Until now she has lived in eight cities across six countries and has spent the past decade living in Spain.